Thursday, January 26, 2006

dog or higher: Google web authoring statistics

dog or higher: Google web authoring statistics: "January 26, 2006
Google web authoring statistics

A couple of months back I published Real World Semantics where I used a little custom crawler to investigate the use of class and id values in the real world, to have a little look at just how semantic (or otherwise) the HTML out there is. I slanted the crawling toward sites that were 'close' to (within a few link steps) major standards based sites such as zeldman.com and stopdesign.com.

Now Google have published the results of a major web authoring analysis, of a billion pages (and I'm honored they mentioned my piece in their preamble). It goes far beyond just the use of class and id, to the use of headers, scripting, elements, and even editors.

Fascinating stuff!"

No comments: