Thursday, March 02, 2006

Viewing actual HTML source when creating AJAX applications

Viewing actual HTML source when creating AJAX applications: "Viewing actual HTML source when creating AJAX applications

I posted a couple of days ago about my problems debugging HTML source code when working with AJAX and also how I planned to solved it with Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar. It worked, it allowed me to inspect the actual DOM and see how it changed my original source... but it was too slow to debug it that way.

Fortunately, my brother posted a comment pointing me to this post by Rumen Stankov where he shows a trick to view and save the actual source in Internet Explorer. Just paste the following in your address bar:

javascript:'' + window.document.body.outerHTML + ''

Hope you find it as useful as I do. Why doesn't the Developer Toolbar includes something like this feature?
posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:26 AM"

No comments: