Saturday, April 23, 2005

Managing the development of a Flash RIA: better practices

Managing the development of a Flash RIA: better practices: "August 10, 2004
Managing the development of a Flash RIA: better practices

I'm currently involved in the development of an ambitious RIA that is coded in Flash. I've brought new engineers into the project at various stages. I've found that I can get an experienced Java engineer productive developing client-side Actionscript in about 2 weeks, if the project is structured a particular way. Since real Flash uber-coders are as rare as hen's teeth, this is a serious advantage.

What follows are the 'better practices' that we have evolved over time (I have no proof they are 'best', but they seem to work for us). Together, these practices make the flash world more accessible to 'vanilla' developers, and minimize some of the problems that crop up in a large-scale Flash development effort."

No comments: