Sun Blueprints starts to address AJAX in J2EE: "Sun Blueprints starts to address AJAX in J2EE
Posted by: Joseph Ottinger on April 14, 2005 @ 01:25 PM
We have seen that there are many possible problems that AJAX interactions can solve. J2EE technology provides a good base to develop and deploy AJAX based applications with APIs for tying in HTTP processing, databases, web services, XML processing and business objects. With a better understanding of this interaction model, today's applications can become more interactive providing a better experience to the end user.
Use cases indicating appropriate use of AJAX, according to an explanatory document, include:
* Realtime form data validation
* Auto-completion in HTML controls
* Master/detail page interactions that might not otherwise require complete page redraws
* Sophisticated UI controls
* Data refreshes for limited data (i.e., scores, forecasts, or stock prices)
* Server-side notification polling"